Friday, August 17, 2012

A Heart Like Theirs

I was reading about Paul and Silas in Acts 16, about when they were beaten, thrown in prison, and held in shackles, but still praised their Lord that they were worthy of such treatment! The condition of their heart amazed me. Thinking back, I get annoyed, upset or angry at such little things, and now, seeing the example of these two followers, I see that what is in the heart, is that which will come out.

Paul and Silas set out from the beginning with the right kind of heart. Ready to worship and praise God in good times, and in bad. They knew that they would get rejected, hated, and tormented, but they still followed God with their whole hearts. God not only brought them through, but led them to minister to the jail keeper. He was saved along with his whole household! This brings me to another conclusion: God knows everything. He knows what he is doing, and how he's going to do it.

We all have learned this in Sunday School. But to really think about it, and then act on it. To put all of my trust and hope in God, all of it, not withholding anything, takes a lot of courage. And the funny thing to me, is that courage comes from God! So we need God, to need God.

All of this, and yet, so much more to learn. Oh to have a heart like theirs.

Here are a few pics of this week:


Joan and Tom organizing school ciriculum
 The growing palm tree under their porch
 Refuge Ranch!
 One of the many games of Risk this week
 A huge thunder storm came through last night. I loved every minute of it. Althoug, quite upset, I was standing out side taking this picture, and I missed a picture opportunity of a lighten bolt three times!
 Before...
 After!
 "Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment