Monday, November 19, 2012

Blessed be HIS name

Wednesday, November 14, 2012.

Lying in my bed, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning. I hadn't been able to sleep well the past 3 nights, and once again, I had to wipe tears from my eyes before I was even out of bed. Thoughts filled my mind as I laid there listening to my two missionary sisters in their deep sleep. This is really it. My last full day. The recital- oh so much to still prepare for it. All these faces that look at me and say, No te vayas. Don't go. I tell them I must go, but it is so, so hard. And my family, what are they doing? Are they ready for my return? How will my transition take place? Will they be the same family that I had left three months ago? I couldn't take all the rushing thoughts anymore, so I rose and began my day. I went down to the kitchen and began preparing for cooking paczkis (Polish doughnuts.) Mikayla and I had agreed to meet about 6:30 and make a couple batches of doughnuts for the Recital that evening. I had no idea what food Julie was going have, so Mikayla and I decided to double the recipe. Three hours later we had made over 80 doughnuts. As soon as we had finished we separated and went our own ways for the rest of the morning. Mikayla went to school, and I began to wander around aimlessly trying to keep my heart and mind under control.

At my house in Michigan, there is this old swing that hangs from a Walnut tree. It has been there since my oldest brother put it up when he was young. It is one of my favorite spots and anytime that I need to pray, or cry, or just be, that is where I go. Being in Mexico at the time, I didn't have that spot, but there was one very similar at the park. Down I went. The three green swings hung from a metal frame right next to a hill covered in purple, yellow, and white wild flowers. The sun was shinning, and I could feel its rays sinking into my skin. I sat and swung for a good while, just praying to God for the day, the recital, the way home, and my broken heart. I tried to hold the tears back, but how could I? I was about to leave the life I had just gotten to know, and the people, how was I too say goodbye? Then God reminded me of a song,

Blessed Be Your Name


In the land that is plentiful
 Where Your streams of abundance flow
                   Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name

When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness

Blessed Be Your name


Every blessing You pour out

I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
\

  Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering 
Blessed be Your name
You give and take away

You give and take away
     My heart will choose to say
                                            Lord, blessed be Your name

There was nothing else to do than sing these words in a prayer to God. As memories of the past three months played through my mind, I was grateful for everything that God had given me. He was to be praised; for every laugh, tear, and moment. I still had a whole day to live there, so I stood up ready to continue on the path God had laid in front of me. One step at a time I will follow Him. And the next step was to walk up the hill to the house and finish what God had given me, I had a recital to direct. 

I had spent the rest of the morning folding programs and translating introductions into Spanish with Jorge. Geesh that was a task. But we completed just in time for lunch! As soon as lunch was over a group of us headed up to the school to begin setting up for the recital. 

Everyone was helping. It was so cool to see so many people in support of the recital.

Setting up the refreshments table

Using Christmas lights really made it look special!
 Everything was beautiful. All the children were dressed so nicely and our special visitors had arrived. I was so nervous and excited, it felt just like my first recital. But I was surrounded by my new family and loving friends, I knew that the evening was going to be one to remember. Enjoy the few pictures below!






























It was truly the best recital of my life. All of the kids played wonderfully, and all the special artists did beautifully as well. I had ordered a personally engraved medal for each of them. They all loved them! The younger ones didn't take their's off all night, and about 6 of them had them on again the following day. It was so special to see their smiles as they received theirs at the end of the night. I miss these people greatly and pray to return someday. I will forever hold this day in my heart~ blessed be the name of the Lord.


















No comments:

Post a Comment