Saturday, January 31, 2015

Coffee, Schedules, and Blessings :)

Plans. Schedules. Goals. Calenders. Alarms. Charts. Graphs. Chocolate stash. Clean desk. *Check* -- I am SO ready for this year.

I love having my calender set up and ready to go, but my most favorite thing throughout the years are all of the surprises. The things that were never "penciled in," the things that the alarm was never set for, and the things that could never be charted even if I tried. Whether good or bad, those surprises are what remind me that life is still alive; that the air is meant to breathe; that some things need only be felt.

So... Now that 2015 is in full swing, I can wonder at the things that I hope to fit into my fifty-two weeks. CLEP tests (don't know what those are? check out next week's blog for a Krista's college run-down), work (which can't really be defined as "work" because I absolutely LOVE it), and varying ministries from after-school programs to camp counseling to Mexico. I can't forget to keep my creativity running so I'm sure that there will be plenty of pictures, music, stories, blogs, and dances.

Oh, and coffee. Of course.

Tea is spectacular as well.

Speaking about tea; As normal, at the beginning of this January month, I chose a set of verses to dedicate this year. Committing the year to specific verses has become a tradition since the beginning of my journaling days. I do this mainly because I want to have a set focus for the nearing months; I want this year to have purpose. And secondly, I want to take the lessons I will learn this year, compare them to where my understanding of those verses began, and see where the Lord will have brought me during that year.

The choosing of the verses for this year was brought on by an article I recently read about blessings. That article is <here>. It got me thinking about what the blessings of God really are. Just because I might have a nice house, or a good job, does that mean God has blessed me more than suffering Christians in other countries? I don't think so... When I read Matthew chapter five, it gives me a much better focus on what God calls blessings.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

It is my prayer that this year through each of my activities and circumstances, those scheduled and those that are not, I will experience the true blessings of God and know the joy that is found in Christ. 








No comments:

Post a Comment