Friday, March 20, 2015

Surprise Number One

How is it that I am sitting here, only two and a half months into 2015, watching the past six years collide into a seamless reality right in front of me? Well, I'm not sure that there is a different answer to that question other than by the grace of God. You see, my sights have been set on a specific place now for a long while. For those of you that know me, you may be thinking that this place is Mexico. Contrarily, it is not. Mexico is indeed near and very dear to my heart, but that love has grown out of my long-held dreams for this other destination. It is almost comical, really, when I think about it. How a thirteen year old wide-eyed wonder was enamored and completely surrendered at the viewing of one missionary-based movie still baffles me. She didn't know pain, or passion. She didn't know suffering, loss, confusion and loneliness. She didn't know compassion, or love. Yet, she committed herself to the unknown. A commitment that would take her to the depths of her being, and a commitment that would see her to the peaks of mountains. It was her guide for every decision; if it didn't help her get there sooner, then it could be easily forgotten. But as the years ensued, she realized that "there" wasn't exactly where she originally thought it was. Not that a land mass spontaneously relocated or that she relinquished any part of her commitment, but that "there" was deeper than a soil. "There" wasn't rooted in a ground nor did it blow through an air. "There" was rooted in hearts and blew through its whispers.

"There" is God's love calling out for his people.
"There" is the place where redemption is found.
"There" is the Cross, the Christ, and the Christ-followers.

And everyday, Christ beckons me There, right in my own home, to that same commitment of surrender to Him. He invites me and brings me to His heart; he whispers, I love you. This is where There begins. And when I have swallowed His Words and absorbed his unfathomable grace, that is the moment when I am compelled to go forth into the world. "Like sheep among wolves" Jesus said, "you will go forth and preach my message to the lost. Take care of the widows and orphans, the sick and the tired. Make disciples of all nations. Never forget that I am with you always, to even the end of the age."** Now, now is the moment my Father God calls me There. Out There. 

I'm going to Ecuador.

The plane ticket is finally bought for the place that called my name so long ago. Having now the understanding of what There means, I see God's perfect timing in this ministry endeavor. And I can confidently go as a "sent-out one" and join in the work that God is already doing in Ecuador.


**Taken from Matthew 10, Matthew 28, James 1:27




>>> To read more about my upcoming trip go here
>>> If you feel led to financially support me in this trip, you can donate a gift on this page









No comments:

Post a Comment