Friday, November 4, 2011

Counting down

Finally counting down the hours! 35 hours, 45 minutes :) We have such scheduled and timed lives, sometimes it feels like I am always 'counting down' to an event or an occasion. But isn't it amazing that our God doesn't run like that? He always has time for us, never has to re-schedule, cancel, or take time from others. God only has one clock and only he knows the hour. Christ will return someday, could be tonight, tomorrow or next year and how do we live our lives day to day? There's a popular question, "What if you lived today like you were going to die tomorrow?" its a good question, but how many of us actually do? Living each and every day, every minute, every second for the glory of God is tough, we all fail at it. Although, just imagine how much of a different perspective we would have on our day if we wake up praising God, and go to bed praising God; No matter the contents of the previous day, current day, or future days. Since no man knows the day or hour: "Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" We should be asking God to show us what he wants us to do for him daily. I love to look forward to things, to prepare, and to pack, and I believe that's just fine :) So, I want to spend my time between these fun and exciting events wisely and for the glory of our God.
It is so cool when practice finally pays off! When something difficult just 'clicks.' Starting an instrument, the first thing your teacher tells you is "practice makes perfect." Coaches hold practices everyday of the week. Children go to school to practice math, science, reading and writing daily. We are practicing all the time! Some days I feel like all my 'practicing' isn't going anywhere, but then, a light bulb turns on and it reminds me that God gave me these things to practice, all for the purpose of when we succeed to give glory and honor to His name. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." A popular verse, but still brings encouragement to me. It's sometimes easy to make a schedule for practicing in the pool or on my ivory because it shows real physical results. Living for God each day also takes effort, but the results are much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment