Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sunbeam

I am back home. Hundreds of miles away, lays a piece of land that I now know. The people there are amazing, their stories, their hearts, and their families. Knowing that I may or may not go to this place again, is frightening. Two weeks ago I was thrown into a completely different lifestyle, new language, and new people. It was definitely culture shock, but it only took me a couple of hours to throw myself into Gods work that is taking place at Refuge Ranch. Saying adios and goodbye to everyone on Thursday was emotional and difficult for all of us. God's presence was definitely felt. God is the one who put the want in my heart two years ago, and He is the one that brought the plans, money, and safety on the trip. God was also the one taking me home. Home to serve others, grow in Him, and prepare again to depart. As soon as we were picked up from the airport, culture shock hit again. Harder. It is now Saturday afternoon, and I'm still trying to get used to my life here in the United States.
God taught me so many things while I was away. One being that everyday, God wants to use us. He wants our abilities, not only to serve others, but to truly glorify Him. Through love and words, He wants us to spread the gospel, everywhere. At home, at school, at play- a sunbeam for Him.
Blogging has become something I enjoy, and writing brings joy and relaxation to me. Several people have asked if I will continue my blog after my trip: yes, definitely. Please continue to check back here every once in a while and pray for me.
Sunday November 27 I will be presenting a slide show with more details of my trip. I invite all of you to come to my home Church and see all what the Lord is doing there at Refuge Ranch.
Questions, comments, concerns,
Complements, or good jokes, Facebook me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment