Thursday, November 10, 2011

When the sun gets to bother'n

Time seems to slow down when you take each minute, each second individually. Knowing that my time here is short, I've stopped looking at the clock and the calender. I've spent the past few days just playing with the children, trying to learn more of the language, and understanding the past of the lives here at Refuge Ranch. Two days ago, I went to the 'market' and it really showed the culture of Mexico. Miles of streets were lined with vendors, there were people everywhere. Anything from fresh fruit, clothing, and household items where being sold. Along with being the first time at a Mexico market, it was the first time I tried coconut juice! Oh there have been so many firsts in only five days it's almost unbelievable. Then that same day, Julie and Victor decided to take everyone to the movies! Yeah the entire movie was spoken in Spanish, but...I followed most it :) The theater was very similar to ours, except it, and most of other public places are completely open; no doors, just an arch to get in. In the actual movie room, its pretty much the same, only slightly smaller.
I heard it might be snowing back home... I hope not. The weather here has been gorgeous, except today, it rained. All day. Actually it's still raining. But on the bright side captured some cool pictures of it! Sorry I can't load any this time, I'll have to try to do it later.
All the ladies are leaving late tonight to drive there through the night, meaning tomorrow morning there will only be a few of us left to run the household. oh boy. But it think we'll manage.
It's strange, you would think there would be a millions things that I would find different than home. And yes, there are, but the very first thing I realized was that the sun is in a different position, and it even feels different. That brought the realization how far away from home I am. Trusting that God is always with me, and stays at home with you, brings me peace when the sun starts to bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment